Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Good Advice


1. Most helpful resource: Google (ha! but ain't it the truth?)Also I loved weddingbee.com
2. What advice would you give to a friend who was recently engaged?

The same advice a friend gave us on his wedding day. We were all on a bus leaving the wedding/reception for a night on the town, having a blast, and he says "NOTHING went right today. We planned and planned and planned, and virtually nothing happened the way we had envisioned... and it's still the best day of my life!"

They were great words of wisdom. Because of that, I had mentally prepared myself that on our wedding day, things would "go wrong"... and they did... (my grandparents suddenly couldn't come, hair catastrophe, bridesmaid was 30 minutes late to take us to the church, florist made the wrong wedding bouquet, our ringbearer chickened out, I cut my hand after the rehearsal dinner... still have a scar in fact haha, got no sleep and had to sleep on my couch the night before because my MOH was a snoring machine, the band disappeared from the reception for 30 minutes, the father/daughter dance music stopped playing, wedding cake wasn't what we asked for...)

I told myself that nothing was going to keep me from enjoying my wedding day. And nothing did!


So I have to add several of my memories. The band mysteriously disappeared during the Alabama-Florida game. . .hmmm, I wonder where they were? The flowers, once they were fixed, looked great! And even though the pre-wedding pictures got started a little late, we still had plenty of time. . .seriously, their pictures were crazy-good!!

No comments: